Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Meal Planning!

Sunday is my typical day to plan out what my family is going to eat for the week.  I've been winging it a lot lately by just throwing some burgers, hot dogs or chicken on the grill.  Like I said in a previous post my meal plan for this summer is to keep the fridge and freezer stocked with plenty of stuff to grill and lots of fresh veggies on hand to whip up a salad or two each week.

This week is a challenge with the holiday smack dab in the middle of the week.  One of the three kids is in camp this week and we are in the middle of a heat wave baby!  I really don't feel like grilling but I don't feel like heating up my kitchen either.

Last night we decided to go out to dinner to avoid throwing food on the grill but tonight I must cook those burgers before they spoil. I prepped a yummy corn salad yesterday so that is ready to go for tonight.

Here is my plan for this week:

Sunday - Burgers and Hot Dogs with Baked Beans and Corn Salad (recipe below)
Monday - Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches in Crockpot with French Fries
Tuesday - Tamale Casserole with Cilantro Lime Rice
Wednesday - ???, maybe get some steaks to grill
Thursday - Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti
Friday - Breakfast for Dinner Nite! - Pancakes and Hashbrown Quiche with Turkey Sausage
Saturday - ???

And as promised, I am sharing another summer salad recipe! Here is the Corn Salad that I made. Doesn't it look yummy?


Confetti Corn Salad

Ingredients:
6 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1 small red onion, diced
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
½ teaspoon oregano
¼ teaspoon salt
ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine corn, bell peppers and onion.  In a small bowl, mix vinegar, brown sugar, oil, oregano, salt and pepper together with whisk.  Pour vinaigrette over corn mixture and toss gently to mix well.  Serve at room temperature or chilled.

Hope you have a great week and happy meal planning!

Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment